Hi, nooby with some questions!

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
belatrix

Hi, nooby with some questions!

Post by belatrix » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:14 am

Hi all, I've been playing Sid Meier's Railroads on & off for a few years, usually I play a few games & then get bored & leave it for a few months but this time I played & wondered whether there was a way of getting new maps, so i searched & found this site! :)

So am I right & guessing that I can add new maps to the game? i have the original PC version(not the Steam version)
Also I've seen something about SMR Intercontinental? Is this a modded version of SMR? I had the impression it was only for the MAC?

Anyway, hope someone can answer my questions because if I can get new maps for the game it would breathe some fresh air into this great game for me :)
regards, belatrix.

snoopy55

Re: Hi, nooby with some questions!

Post by snoopy55 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:39 am

Well, there are over 130 maps on a forum located here: http://www.sidmeiersrailroads.net/portal.php

As to the SMR Intercontinental, that was started a long time ago and has not been worked with for years. But it was not written for the MAC version. As to whether or not it will run on the MAC..... well...... I've always been a PC guy, so I'll leave that alone.

Come on over, I know there are 4 more maps in the working, and you can watch them develope while you are playing the others.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

belatrix

Post by belatrix » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:23 am

Thanks for the quick reply, I will deffo pop on over & check the site out :)

thebugman

Post by thebugman » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:25 pm

The link that snoopy posted just loads up a blank page for me. Has anyone else got a link to the site please?

belatrix

Post by belatrix » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:52 am

thebugman wrote:The link that snoopy posted just loads up a blank page for me. Has anyone else got a link to the site please?
Hi thebugman,
Snoopy's link worked ok for me?

try this one: http://www.sidmeiersrailroads.net/index.php

Regards, belatrix

thebugman

Post by thebugman » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:22 am

Thanks for replying belatrix.

No, that link does nothing either. The page looks like its loading but then it just loads up a blank page. What is on the site? Is it more maps because if it is i'd love to try some new ones.

Edit: I'm using firefox if that makes any difference.

belatrix

Post by belatrix » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:48 am

thebugman wrote:Thanks for replying belatrix.

No, that link does nothing either. The page looks like its loading but then it just loads up a blank page. What is on the site? Is it more maps because if it is i'd love to try some new ones.

Edit: I'm using firefox if that makes any difference.
Yes lots of maps, I have just joined but a quick glance & there looks to be a few developers & mods that have made it possible to tweak every part of the game. Looks like you might be able to change loco's, wagons & buildings. Wll try & have a better look today.

I am also using firefox & no issues with the 2 links? perhaps try Chrome or dare I say it....... Internet Explorer :roll: & see if that fixes the problem?

thebugman

Post by thebugman » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:25 pm

I've tried on 2 different laptops and with firefox & chrome. Don't have a clue why they aren't loading up?

laloha

Post by laloha » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:26 pm

Firefox need to be the latest version. Mine is automatic and sits at v 30.0. Once aboard be sure to follow the registration and will be astounded by the available subject matter in the site.

If further problems, let us know. Both sites, here and there are good, it is just the site directed by Snoopy has everything you ever wanted for SMR and much more. The originators of SMR really have no clue what has been and is being done to make this train game the finest for PC.

Come on, get your Firefox up to date and am sure this should resolve your issues. The following is what I just brought up the site on a new tab here in my, FFv30.0

http://www.sidmeiersrailroads.net/index ... 24212ffeed

Just clicked on the Snoopy site, from the above post, and had no problem getting on board.

belatrix

Post by belatrix » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:29 am

Yeah, I just chescked my firefox & it is upto date being v30.0

bugman, what is your version of firefox? To find out you usually click -->Help -->About and it should tell you.

Unless for some reason you are being restricted by a third party progrm from seeing these pages?

thebugman

Post by thebugman » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:36 am

just checked and my firefox is up to date. I've tried through firefox, chrome & IE on different laptops and my mobile. I don't have a clue why i can't get on. Thanks for your replies

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:15 pm

I'll answer here and your PM. I use Opera, version 12 and 22, and have no problem. My Firefox did give me a blank screen, but in the upper left corner it stated "Update browser". I only have that on my system for a once in a great while when a site refuses Opera.

Upgraded my Firefox to ver 30 and goes right to it.

IE (UGH!!!) 32 and 64 bit both work OK.

See if you have a friend who will try it for you.

I'll ask the Admin who knows how to do things with it. He built it for me and my fellow SMR buddies and made me an Admin, but unless I really need to know how to do it, I don't bother. Ripping this game a new one constantly is enough for me.

As to 2K and their knowledge of what we have done - I sent them Emails about a subroutine to load SAM maps. My third, and last, Email was 4/16/14 and I have not heard a word from them. :? The things they could do with the stuff we have done with the game they own.......... :twisted:

http://www.sidmeiersrailroads.net/portal.php

thebugman

Post by thebugman » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:48 pm

Thanks for all your replies, sorry to be a pain.

I've now tried firefox,chrome,ie & opera on 2 different laptops and still the page loads up blank. I see a small train icon in the tab window but that is all.If you wouldn't mind asking snoopy, that would be great.

I spend so many hours on this game but i would really love to try new maps. Thanks

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:02 am

From Bobby, the main man - Well it depends on what country he is from, as well he may have an ISP that has been blocked in the past. Or he may have some odd add on or plugin in his browser that is being blocked.

It could be many things combined that is just showing him the blank page.

So we need to know His IP Number & Country to start with then i can check logs and see if it is the IP number blocked as well.

And you are not being a pain, life is life, and most of us have always tried our best to be helpful to all.

Try a friends system when you find time.

Keep us updated.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:22 am

You might try this - go here: http://smrsimple.com/map-database/ go all the way to the bottom and click on vzbob's Forum. That gets me there.