Members banned

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
Wolfwood
Site Admin

Members banned

Post by Wolfwood » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:33 pm

I've now banned the following users:

Snoopy55, who was also known as RockyNarrowGauge, brandon and Woodstock.

vzbob, who was also known as Bunit.

I'll take a closer look if these guys had even more alter egos. If you suspect any user, please let me know and I'll check it out.
“People aren’t wearing enough hats.” - Monty Python

Burlington_Northern_3140

Re: Members banned

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:12 pm

A small leak can sink a great ship.
Benjamin Franklin

It seems Wolfwood found the small leak and chose to sink the ship.

Do good to your friends to keep them, to your enemies to win them.
Benjamin Franklin

If only the enemie new that, the forum would be a great place to be. :lol:
Thomas
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING US RULES FORUM MODERATORS!
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

http://www.homescda.com/

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:33 pm

Here is one more question which is of interest to me. Why haven't I, or anyone else that is involved in instigating and provoking the continuation of these arguements, been banned?
Thomas
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

Warll

Post by Warll » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:30 am

I take it that they can still view this forums?

dwax

Post by dwax » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:46 am

Warll wrote:I take it that they can still view this forums?
I don't think so if the IP address was banned,Unless they use a proxy server, or don't have a static IP number.

Wolfwood
Site Admin

Post by Wolfwood » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:55 am

Using multiple accounts is forbidden and that is the main cause of these bans. The fact that these people also used the multiple accounts to instigate other people is the second reason.

There are many of you who have used bad language and descriptions in your messages. I could ban the worst cases for a few days, or just give you guys some warnings. However, in many cases, this bad language was "caused" by the behaviour and posts of the already banned members, so I'm not really certain I should punish all of you - some of you merely reacted the way you did because there was no active moderator here (for which I apologise) and it was the only way you could vent your feelings.

(you see why it is bad to have done psychology studies? - you start to try to understand everyone's reasons for their behaviour)

However, I will shift through some of the discussion threads here and make my opinions known of the punishments as I come up with them on individual basis. If I find more members with multiple accounts, they'll be banned immediately.

However, the closing of this forum is still not off the agenda.

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:14 pm

I see your reasoning and it looks good so I'll let you continue what you are doing without question.
Thomas

atani

Post by atani » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:24 am

Since these users were banned, can any posts from them also be removed? There seem to be a few of them lingering around here and not all of them make sense and quoting from posts that don't have the content etc...

Wolfwood
Site Admin

Post by Wolfwood » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:12 am

One of the problems is that people have been fighting on these forums and have edited their posts afterward to hide the evidence of their misbehaviour or angering remarks. Of course, it is good that people practice self-censorship, but I'd hope that they'd do so _before_ they post their remarks and cause more bad blood between the members.

But, I hope this is all in the past now and everyone is happily playing the game again.

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:11 pm

Since Atani was with us from the beginning and knows what is reverent and what does not make sense any more, why don't we ask him to do it.
He could be given the authority of moderator, and I hope he will stay around because we could use his technical knowledge.
The forum is still very much alive, there are new members popping up all the time and maps are being downloaded.
Think about it...!!!???
Jancsika

atani

Post by atani » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:41 pm

I don't mind helping clean up the remnants of the nearly constant fighting and will be around but I have not been playing or working on any of my tools for this game in a while.

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:00 pm

I don't mind helping clean up the remnants of the nearly constant fighting and will be around but I have not been playing or working on any of my tools for this game in a while.
This is not exactly a Rocket Science (Tho some of us think so!), you have handled it before just fine. All you would need is Management's OK, and the means to give you a free hand.
How about it? Falconeer!!.
Jancsika

atani

Post by atani » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:33 am

I am pretty sure that Falc has more or less decided to close the forums since I have not heard/seen anything further on the subject of closing or appointing a moderator. If someone arranges the permissions I have no problem starting to clean this forum up.

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:01 pm

Let's not make assumptions... Falconer has been patient with this forum, so let's be patient with him.
-Bob the Lunatic

Falconer
Site Admin

Post by Falconer » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:50 pm

The forum -may- stay open for now. Check the announcement thread for details.