I'm BAAAAAACK -- at least for a while

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
darthdroid

Re: I'm BAAAAAACK -- at least for a while

Post by darthdroid » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:53 pm

brandon wrote:I'm being decent about where I post this so as not to interfere with what you are doing as I think it is the better way to do it.

You talk so much about others "steeling" ideas and information, your ladder as an example, yet you think nothing of taking my suggestion to you, calling me "what's his name", and starting a thread like it was all your brainstrom.

People, I suggested the idea to him, he took it and used it with negative gratitude.

Oh, and as far as calling you "what's his name"... I don't really see that you've earned or commanded any basic respects; you certainly don't afford them to me. You show some respect and so will I. <--EDIT I'm leaving this as to explain why I said that,
but I do feel that by posting this here you did indeed finally afford me some respect... and I appreciate that and thank you for not sticking it in the rules section.

Now that we have a more civil back and forth going :D
I'd appreciate any FEEDBACK however on those rules since you said you do in fact play online-if you have any.
-Bob the Lunatic

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:59 pm

It would be nice however Brandon, if you acknowledged that I was right-that regular players do NOT know how to violate those "rules" (now called the base rules in my other post). It DOES indeed require advanced knowledge to do any of them and so everything I said was true (that they are not necessary to even discuss EXCEPT among advanced players as it is a given they will not be used by pretty much all others (except one guy lol))
-Bob the Lunatic

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:14 pm

brandon wrote:I'm being decent about where I post this so as not to interfere with what you are doing as I think it is the better way to do it.

You talk so much about others "steeling" ideas and information, your ladder as an example, yet you think nothing of taking my suggestion to you, calling me "what's his name", and starting a thread like it was all your brainstrom.

People, I suggested the idea to him, he took it and used it with negative gratitude.
Also, I went ahead and gave you credit on the RULE BOARD, partially as it was due and partially to let you know I'm not like your buddies, I don't really care about credit or cameras.

Unlike others, I'm not too arrogant to FIX my mistakes-like giving credit where it is due. And I'm not too arrogant to take a good idea from someone I don't really care for and utilize it for the greater good...
-Bob the Lunatic

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:28 am

darthdroid wrote:

It was a good idea and I thank you. I doubt it will get used much by those it would matter to (the online players) but it could be a useful tool.

I never said the "ladder" was stolen. And yes, I'm the one that initiated it here. I said my words/ideas were stolen, and they were. Except he kind of did a poor job (like on the station moving rule) of copying me and coordinating with me or just alerting me that he'd straight up paste it would have been good. Having the same name on a rule but a different meaning (quite a bit different) cannot really be helpful. BN meant well but went about it in a questionable way...

Now you accidentally added something valuable, indirectly through me with the rules. (it was a good idea, but I don't think your intent was one of a "helpful" nature-so that part was an "accident" lol) However, the above post is indeed positive... (by intention)

EDIT: I misunderstood your post just as you've misunderstood mine. If you read what I deleted in this post, please ignore it-it was due to misunderstanding your first sentence about being decent.
To set things straight. I created and initiated the ladder myself with strong support and interest on your part. I copied the post and created a new one from what I had here and posted it on bobby's forum. It is not in the wiki and it is my writing and my work that I have transfered to multiple locations.
Last edited by Burlington_Northern_3140 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING US RULES FORUM MODERATORS!
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

http://www.homescda.com/

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:35 pm

Burlington_Northern_3140 wrote:
darthdroid wrote:

It was a good idea and I thank you. I doubt it will get used much by those it would matter to (the online players) but it could be a useful tool.

I never said the "ladder" was stolen. And yes, I'm the one that initiated it here. I said my words/ideas were stolen, and they were. Except he kind of did a poor job (like on the station moving rule) of copying me and coordinating with me or just alerting me that he'd straight up paste it would have been good. Having the same name on a rule but a different meaning (quite a bit different) cannot really be helpful. BN meant well but went about it in a questionable way...

Now you accidentally added something valuable, indirectly through me with the rules. (it was a good idea, but I don't think your intent was one of a "helpful" nature-so that part was an "accident" lol) However, the above post is indeed positive... (by intention)

EDIT: I misunderstood your post just as you've misunderstood mine. If you read what I deleted in this post, please ignore it-it was due to misunderstanding your first sentence about being decent.
To set things straight. I created and initiated the ladder myself with strong support and interest on your part. I copied the post and created a new one from what I had here and posted it on bobby's forum. It is not in the wiki and it is my writing and my work that I have tranfered to multiple locations.
BN-I disagree, the ladder began in this post: http://www.hookedgamers.com/forums/view ... er&start=0 which comes before your ladder post-your ladder post is BASED ON MINE lol.
Which is where I came up with the rules as well as some of the structure. I clearly initiated it with this post. You paraphrased all my ideas and began a new thread-which was fine, but don't say YOU initiated it as you know that's not true. But I would say it was a joint effort between you and myself and to a lesser degree kroguys to create the thing and a joint effort to watch it fail lol.
And I forgot about your multi-player ladder post, that is where you paraphrased me, then copied that (your own words) from here to bobby's site-so yes, I was wrong about that part (sorry).

And again-the point is, you recreated it (with the rules I put forward) on the other site-I think you could have sent me a PM... you know, out of courtesy and respect.

Regardless. What I would appreciate is you not having incorrect rules up on either site-it would be best if the rules agree. So what would be best for the online community is if both sites show the SAME rules. Crash and I worked hard on the station rule (and it's incorrect on bobbys site) to come up with the proper way to make that rule. (You really should change the old version to the updated version) I have since (as you can see) changed the structure of the rule system alone (since crash ain't around) and added/changed a few things-all improvements.

So please copy away-or paraphrase away, but make sure the two systems agree. Otherwise, you're working against me.
-Bob the Lunatic

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:20 pm

I also had some input on that thread, and you liked it.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:24 pm

snoopy55 wrote:I also had some input on that thread, and you liked it.

I've been pretty clear-I think you have excellent input - except in the strategy questions (like, "how should I avoid the AI stealing my stuff" <--those type of questions).

I only listed the main contributors, I'm sure there were others including yourself.
-Bob the Lunatic

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:16 pm

I could and will communicate better in the future, when I move things which have ideas and input of others.
Thomas
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:02 pm

In what way is it wrong on bobby's site?

It is:
Burlington_Northern_3140 wrote:Rules :
To use the ladder you must post a challenge to the lowest ranking user in this post. Then establish a time to play that person online in multiplayer. Users will play three games and the user with two wins is the winner of the challenge. After you have played the game, you must post a screen shot of the win showing that you now own your opponent or you must both confirm a win. Your position will then be recorded and placed in a new post at the bottom of this thread.

Users will establish a basic Idea of how they want to play the online game and play the game themselves. Users play best two out of three. If one claims that someone was cheating. The games results will not be recorded on the ladder. The knowledge that someone was accused of cheating will be stored in a word document by me with the user name of the person who accused them of cheating. If I get a list of about three complaints about that person cheating, I or someone else will be a judge and play them myself to see if they are cheating or having lag or crashing problems. If the user claims to have lag or crahing problems they will be marked in red and any ladder user can just skip that person until the referee or I can play the game against him or her without any problems.

If a user is cheating, their name will be removed from the ladder. If they were found to be having problems with crashing and lag, their name will be red on the chart and any ladder user can just skip that person until the judge or I can play the game against him or her without any problems. That person's name will then be changed back to the original color when he/she has fixed any problems with crashing.

If someone doesn't arrive to a game at the set time, refuses to play the game, or respond to a challenge within a week, they will be marked in red and have to ask to be able to use their current position on the ladder. Then I will change the color back to the original color and they will be using their current position again on the ladder.

There are a few cheats that are controversial and are sometimes allowed and sometimes not allowed. If you are track sneaking or crossing another players track without a bridge, then you and your opponent must decide whether this is allowed. The same goes for moving stations. The rules for moving stations that I have been recommended are: All stations must have one entry track touching the green circle that surrounds the city (an entry track is a piece of track in front of station (or behind) that creates entry for train to the station). And it is THAT piece of track that must touch the green circle (one or more of the 4 entry tracks must be touching or inside the green circle). Other cheats like the major "lag glitch" are not allowed. If you take a screen shot of a person cheating in some way, they will be taken out of the ladder. To take a screen shot, hit Print Scr and paste in a picture editing program like paint. Then save.

Questions
Since these rules are new, if you have some problems with them or there is something missing please pm me. The rules are new and may need to be changed. If you see anything that needs to be changed please say so.
On this site is:
Burlington_Northern_3140 wrote:This is the manual multiplayer ladder.

Rules :
To use the ladder you must post a chalange to the lowest ranking user in this post. Then establish a time to play that person online in multiplayer. Users will play three games and the user with two wins is the winner of the challenge. After you have played the game, you must post a screen shot of the win showing that you now own your opponent or you must both confirm a win. Your position will then be recorded in this post by me.

Users will establish a basic Idea of how they want to play the online game and play the game themselves. Users play best two out of three. If one claims that someone was cheating. The games results will not be recorded on the ladder. The knowledge that someone was accused of cheating will be stored in a word document by me with the user name of the person who accused them of cheating. If I get a list of about three complaints about that person cheating, I or someone else will be a judge and play them myself to see if they are cheating or having lag or crashing problems. If the user claims to have lag or crahing problems they will be marked in red and any ladder user can just skip that person until the referee or I can play the game against him or her without any problems.

If a user is cheating, their name will be removed from the ladder. If they were found to be having problems with crashing and lag, their name will be red on the chart and any ladder user can just skip that person until the judge or I can play the game against him or her without any problems. That person's name will then be changed back to the original color when he/she has fixed any problems with crashing.

If someone doesn't arrive to a game at the set time, refuses to play the game, or respond to a challenge within a week, they will be marked in red and have to ask to be able to use their current position on the ladder. Then I will change the color back to the original color and they will be using their current position again on the ladder.

There are a few cheats that are controversial and are sometimes allowed and sometimes not allowed. If you are track sneaking or crossing another players track without a bridge, then you and your opponent must decide whether this is allowed. The same goes for moving stations. The rules for moving stations that I have been recommended are: All stations must have one entry track touching the green circle that surrounds the city (an entry track is a piece of track in front of station (or behind) that creates entry for train to the station). And it is THAT piece of track that must touch the green circle (one or more of the 4 entry tracks must be touching or inside the green circle). Other cheats like the major "lag glitch" are not allowed. If you take a screen shot of a person cheating in some way, they will be taken out of the ladder. To take a screen shot, hit Print Scr and paste in a picture editing program like paint. Then save.

Questions
Since these rules are new, if you have some problems with them or there is something missing please pm me. The rules are new and may need to be changed. If you see anything that needs to be changed please say so.

LADDER

1. Bob_the_Lunatic
2. CrashDummy__1.1
Thomas

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:43 pm

Burlington_Northern_3140 wrote:In what way is it wrong on bobby's site?

It is:
Burlington_Northern_3140 wrote:Rules :
To use the ladder you must post a challenge to the lowest ranking user in this post. Then establish a time to play that person online in multiplayer. Users will play three games and the user with two wins is the winner of the challenge. After you have played the game, you must post a screen shot of the win showing that you now own your opponent or you must both confirm a win. Your position will then be recorded and placed in a new post at the bottom of this thread.

Questions
On this site is:
Burlington_Northern_3140 wrote:This is the manual multiplayer ladder.

Rules :
To use the ladder you must post a chalange to the lowest ranking user in this post. Then establish a time to play that person online in multiplayer. Users will play three games and the user with two wins is the winner of the challenge. After you have played the game, you must post a screen shot of the win showing that you now own your opponent or you must both confirm a win. Your position will then be recorded in this post by me.

Questions

LADDER

1. Bob_the_Lunatic
2. CrashDummy__1.1

I thought I was clear: On Bobby's site you state the station moving rule as the first version of it. Which is along these lines (at least some entry track or a piece of the station must touch green circle). When that rule was amended months ago to (must be the station building itself touching green circle)... there's a huge difference. With the old rule, I have about a 2 inch advantage over the current version-which is much more fair.

You are also missing rules at this point-new issues have arisen in the game (new glitch exploits) that required revision of the rules. I'd rather you just pasted the base rules I posted (word for word or damn close) again for the sake of cohesion on both sites-we don't need various rule sets out with the same name - that just adds to the confusion, which is the opposite of the point we're driving at by creating rule sets, eh?

I compiled the complete rules here:
http://hookedgamers.com/forums/viewtopi ... =34&t=3624
-Bob the Lunatic

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:09 am

I will edit both of my posts to reflect that soon.
edit: If you have forgoten that I am open to the changing and amending of new rules via complaining in the ladder post, like me, you can continue this conversation about the changing of rules there.
Thomas