Can a steel mill and a car factory in the same city?

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
raulredondo

Can a steel mill and a car factory in the same city?

Post by raulredondo » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:54 pm

Hi everyone.
I'm a player from China.
In my game, I build a car factory in a city which also has a steel mill. The steel mill is going well and produces a large amount of steel. But the car factory produces nothing. Does this mean the car factory only accept the steel produced from other cities? It cant receive the steel from its own city's steel mill, is it?
Hoping for your advices.
Cheers!

Jancsika

Re: Can a steel mill and a car factory in the same city?

Post by Jancsika » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:51 pm

The Steel mill and the Automobile factory has to be in different cities.
Jancsika

keotaman

Post by keotaman » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:00 pm

raulredondo wrote:...Does this mean the car factory only accept the steel produced from other cities? ...
Exactly right. Goods have to be transported to another city/town to be used/received. For instance, you may have a city that demands grapes & wine, so you haul grapes to it, which produces wine. But the wine is not accepted by the city, it has to go elsewhere to count. Even if you fill & haul wine casks elsewhere, then bring them back, they will still NOT be accepted/received.

raulredondo

Post by raulredondo » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:29 am

keotaman wrote:
raulredondo wrote:...Does this mean the car factory only accept the steel produced from other cities? ...
Exactly right. Goods have to be transported to another city/town to be used/received. For instance, you may have a city that demands grapes & wine, so you haul grapes to it, which produces wine. But the wine is not accepted by the city, it has to go elsewhere to count. Even if you fill & haul wine casks elsewhere, then bring them back, they will still NOT be accepted/received.
Get it!
Thank you very much!

chips2481

Post by chips2481 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:14 am

Sometime in multiplayer I use a steel mill and automobile factory both in two cities that are connected. That way you deliver steel to both cities and cars simultaneously and no other player can mooch off of you.
p5n32-sli deluxe
pentium d 950 ES w/ HT OC to 4.0
2 gig corsair 5400ul 3-3-2-8
550 watt antec neo
antec p180 case
Quadro Plex VCS