Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
gcavan

High Score List

Post by gcavan » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:14 pm

Is there a way to clear it?

gcavan

Re: High Score List

Post by gcavan » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:31 pm

20 + views and not even a yes or no? Come on people its a pretty simple question.

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:32 pm

You mean the Hall of Fame?
I have never looked at it. But it is somewhere in this directory.
C:\Users\user\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads!\UserMaps

Just delete the whole directory and Start a new game. It will automatically write a new clean directory and folders.
You want to save the Settings.ini file and any map you have and copy it back to the new directory.
Jancsika

brandon

Post by brandon » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:55 pm

gcavan - while many people may read a post, not everyone has the answer. And not everyone jumps onto the forum everyday.

I do hope Jancsika's reply answered your question tho.

keotaman

Post by keotaman » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:18 pm

gcavan wrote:Is there a way to clear it?
I suspect that the only way to clear it is to uninstall SMR completely, then re-install. I have often deleted the SMR folder & let a new one be created, as in using SAM's, and I have not played to retirement since 2007, yet my hall of fame still has the 10 entries written back when I played to the end. I believe it just saves the top 10 scores. It is just so easy to become President that it means very little.
Keo

karsten

Post by karsten » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:08 pm

It is just so easy to become President that it means very little.
Exactly.
Sadly, SMR is a sub-prime example of the depressing period when developers radically dumbed down games trying to hook more people, thinking more fans = more cash. :roll:
Of course, it backfired spectacularly, with most RR fans being disgusted with the shallow offering. :shock: I just could not believe how laughably easy the original SMR scenarios were. :lol:
Anyway, here is a toast and a cheer to all the good mapmakers on this forum who are sacrificing time and energy to turn SMR into a fun game! :D