Multiplayer Maps and Computer AI

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
Jewnior

Multiplayer Maps and Computer AI

Post by Jewnior » Fri May 22, 2009 10:19 pm

Alright, I tried searching this forum for a while and couldn't find specific answers to some concerns I have for this awesome game.

1. - Are there any multiplayer maps out there that are challenging and unique, etc? I'm sick of playing Mesa Madness and Hill Run...
1.a - I know that there are many maps out there designed for scenario play; I've played a bunch of them and they are awesome and challenging, but I'm looking for maps that serve the multiplayer aspect of the game.
1.a.1 - Stuff that peak my interest are things like: the hotel idea, industries that require other industry products (cornmeal to the pig farms for more pigs, etc..)

2. - Is there any way to try and normalize the Computer AI. The idea of making bridges and tunnels expensive is a great idea, I also have a mod or something, addon maybe, that has more difficulty settings where the difficulty levels are the same, you just start with more money.

3. - This is along with #1, but I'd like a multiplayer map that has more than just the standard industries, cities, and cities with designated industries (mostly because they came from the scenario). Random industry assignment is what I'm looking for.

Sorry for the long post, but if I didn't get it out now, I'd forget it soon. Hehe, thanks in advance and any help/suggestions/comments are welcome.

- Jewnior

Jewnior

Re: Multiplayer Maps and Computer AI

Post by Jewnior » Sun May 24, 2009 2:47 am

Anybody? :(

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Sun May 24, 2009 1:17 pm

Try this one first. That's Nafta Phase I. http://www.hookedgamers.com/forums/view ... =42&t=3103
There are more out there, I am quite shure, but have to check aruond for them. :P
Jancsika

Jewnior

Post by Jewnior » Sun May 24, 2009 1:20 pm

Ya, I have definitely played your Nafta one, I think I have the Phase 2(?) one. I do like that one a lot, but it's mostly 1 long chain of resources from laborers to manufactured goods.

I know I've played maps where, say, a sheep farm supplies sheep on it's own, but you can also bring cornmeal to the sheep farm and that will also supply more sheep.

Jewnior

P.s. - Thank you for responding, Jancsika

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:16 pm

This may be a moot point as you probably already know this. Just thought I'd mention that you need to round up some online folks who all have the map and all the files supporting it installed to get an online game going of that map. You can host a custom map that has no extras (no new resources, trains, etc.) without the others having it. But if it has any new stuff, they have to have it installed too.

What's your online name Jewnior? Or is this Bunit again?
-Bob the Lunatic