Cant get codes to work and Hello Railroads Fans :-)

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
flaps

Cant get codes to work and Hello Railroads Fans :-)

Post by flaps » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:21 pm

Hello, I am new here, and had a simple but maybe not politically correct question ?

I really like railroads a lot, but I am not a gamer and usually become a Hobo very quickly.

I know there are cheat codes that will give me a better chance to learn the game , one gives you a million dollars extra so I would have a fighting chance againts the evil computer.

I got this too work years ago when I 1st played the game, then I lost interest, now I want to play it again but keep running out of money so fast its not funny.

So, does anyone on here know how to make the cheats work? I tried googling it, but the answer is to hit the . key then enter the code which does nothing. I know it can work as I did it many years ago. I also read you bring up some sort of cheat box to enter it in, but how in the world do you bring up the cheat box if it exist?

Any assistance would be so welcome to me.

Thanks, Flaps

dwax

Re: Cant get codes to work and Hello Railroads Fans :-)

Post by dwax » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:39 pm

I don't know of any cheat codes. But their is a trainer to give you more money, and to freeze the year and auction timer. posted it here.

http://www.hookedgamers.com/forums/view ... 112#p37112

flaps

Post by flaps » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:48 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, I know the cheat codes and they worked before, of course this is only to give me a fighting chance , while I am learning.

fat cat gives you a million dollars instead of 500,000 so a better chance at getting somewhere

The issue is, where and how do you enter it?

Flaps

Pete

Post by Pete » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:14 pm

That cheat code; fat cat and others were used in Railroad Tycoon 3; not Sid Meyers Railroads.

Pete

Bunit

Post by Bunit » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:56 pm

flaps wrote:Hello, I am new here, and had a simple but maybe not politically correct question ?

I really like railroads a lot, but I am not a gamer and usually become a Hobo very quickly.

I know there are cheat codes that will give me a better chance to learn the game , one gives you a million dollars extra so I would have a fighting chance againts the evil computer.

I got this too work years ago when I 1st played the game, then I lost interest, now I want to play it again but keep running out of money so fast its not funny.

So, does anyone on here know how to make the cheats work? I tried googling it, but the answer is to hit the . key then enter the code which does nothing. I know it can work as I did it many years ago. I also read you bring up some sort of cheat box to enter it in, but how in the world do you bring up the cheat box if it exist?

Any assistance would be so welcome to me.

Thanks, Flaps
Here is a Quick Cheat Just add it into your C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Railroads!\Assets\XML Folder.

Copy the original somewhere safe and overwrite original.
It just starts out at a million, lowers all the train and track costs and gives you 9 stocks to start.
Attachments
RRT_DifficultyCheat.zip
(816 Bytes) Downloaded 2467 times