Chronology of about Oil Tanker

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
Rodea2007

Chronology of about Oil Tanker

Post by Rodea2007 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:11 am

I want to want to explain to this forum about the chronology of the Oil Tanker,
This original oil tankers from Lowell in the form of a max file, and he ask me to help him to improve and create a model that can be used in the SMR Games, as Lowell is not familiar with 3ds Max, and a little chance I can with 3ds max. So after I make the fix and I can run in the Games in this new model that I sent to Lowell. Unfortunately, Lowell posted the model as a result of the his work without mentioning that the Tanker oil can be run in this game is a modification of the results I.
But he has to thank me through some of the PM sent to me. Actually for me it does not have a problem because the model came from him, just a few friends over here do not accept that Lowell speech that Model is the his work without the assistance of others.
And about the missing file from Lowell Map That's petikemas2.dds, This file is from West Sumatera Map Rev.1.0 as I create and NOT Lowell created, Lowell take my Port from WSM Map for use in his Florida Gold400 Map with Modification on some parts. Petikemas is Indonesian Language in English that mean Containers. So you can looking for that file in WSM Map Rev.1.0

I hope this explanation can provide answers to questions arising from all people here.... 8)
Rodea2007 ( http://rodea2007.yolasite.com )
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/rodea2007
Note Book TOSHIBA SATELLITE L645
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

snoopy55

Re: Chronology of about Oil Tanker

Post by snoopy55 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:47 am

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/I ... /ID/304669

It was simply the point that until Falconer confronted all of us, Lowell chose to use pictures from the download site above and claimed only that he was creating it, not that he had paid for it and downloaded it from elsewhere. Only after Falconer confronted us did Lowell admit as to where he got it from. He was claiming it as totally his creation, not purchased. And in his map, he still did not give it's source, and the fact that you assisted him. Anyone using that oil tanker should also be stating it's source.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Rodea2007

Post by Rodea2007 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:27 am

Yes that is the truth.... :!: :!: :!: ,
without improvement and assist of me you will never enjoy with the Oil Tanker in your map I guess..... :lol:
If I not forgot Lowell has said to me that the model he had purchased with the price of US$ 80, for this we must appreciate that Lowell has spent money to buy the model.
From this case can be a lesson for all of us, to give the award/credit for the modder in a way to include his/her name or thank the creator the model that you use in each map that you created, because this gift that he get and you not pay anything to use for what he has made
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:41 am

Again, you misunderstand me. Had he simply stated when he first posted the tanker that he had purchased it, I would NOT have said a thing. It is great that he told you at some time, but why did he not say it in his post where he got it from? He did the same thing with a bunch of cars and engines....he said that HE had made them, not that he had purchased them. RockyNarrowGuage pointed out where they had come from, and Lowell got upset.

Is it really to much to ask for him to simply be honest about where the stuff he posts comes from?
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Rodea2007

Post by Rodea2007 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:07 am

snoopy55 wrote:Again, you misunderstand me. Had he simply stated when he first posted the tanker that he had purchased it, I would NOT have said a thing. It is great that he told you at some time, but why did he not say it in his post where he got it from? He did the same thing with a bunch of cars and engines....he said that HE had made them, not that he had purchased them. RockyNarrowGuage pointed out where they had come from, and Lowell got upset.

Is it really to much to ask for him to simply be honest about where the stuff he posts comes from?
No...I'm not misunderstand to you but I guess you misunderstand me, Lowell told to me that he had purchased it by email me when he sent that model to my email, but why he didn't say in the his post in this forum I guess is not my matter, but as I said before that is the truth..... :!: :!: :!:
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:29 am

The builder of the Oil Tanker model doesn't want his info posted at the site. He doesn't want a zillion emails. The new credits have been added to the maps files as comments and an expanded intro will be offered when they are reloaded here after any futher updates are completed. The Tanker will be presented as from Turbosquid and is a paid for model, you can look the modeler up from there on your own.

Many players don't even read any credits, they just want the map right now and as soon as they get it they place it right in the folder and fire it up and play. They don't take time to sit and read through a bunch of read me texts first..or even later for that matter.

If I place something new on my maps, and anyone is confused...all you have to do is fire off this thing they call an "email" and do this thing they call "ask." Than all your lifes big questions will be answered. Roeda knew I had paid for the model, nobody was trying to hide anything if that is what you are thinking. I have posted on this forum a dozen times that people can purchase 3D models from turbosquid if they wish.

The pikamas2 file comes from his cargo tanker...not the oil tanker. I made it as I know what that word means, and it was to replace the containers on the steel cargo ship, that got half-done and forgotten to finish. That pikamas2.dds entry has been removed from his cargo tanker model that was used on Mud Skippers...that is where the pikamas2.dds file came from. It was removed and I used a default file from the game for a rack of steel...it was for the steel cargo ship. That has sence been repaired as I just said. There are now two types of cargo ships on Mud Skippers. That being said, the updated files never reached this site as the maps were pulled before the update was ever posted.

The mud skippers map will be the first map returned.

Thankyou Rodea2007 for explaining this for everyone. I tried many times but they wouldn't listen.

Rodea2007

Post by Rodea2007 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:59 pm

Lowell wrote:
Many players don't even read any credits, they just want the map right now and as soon as they get it they place it right in the folder and fire it up and play. They don't take time to sit and read through a bunch of read me texts first..or even later for that matter.
I agree 100% with you Lowell
Many people here just want to play any map, especially if there is a new item, but rarely have no the attention to who is making the map, and what he must give to the map maker. To be honest for my self with post a comment about map as I create that is credit for me.
So if this situation continues, I guess we must make a password if post the new map, if someone want to download that map he must ask permission to the mapper in order to get password from the mapper........ 8)
Lowell wrote: If I place something new on my maps, and anyone is confused...all you have to do is fire off this thing they call an "email" and do this thing they call "ask." Than all your lifes big questions will be answered.
Again I agree with you Lowell...... :D
Only if they have trouble with that map, then they will post what troubles their get, and you must fix that troubles
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:11 pm

Please guys!
Don't start this "Who was on first" nonsense again.
This is only a game!
Jancsika :mrgreen:

Rodea2007

Post by Rodea2007 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:02 pm

Jancsika wrote:Please guys!
Don't start this "Who was on first" nonsense again.
This is only a game!
Jancsika :mrgreen:
This is Not about "Nonsense and Who was on First", but I just want to say how someone should appreciate the work of other people who have they use
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:14 am

Look, all my mods will have expanded credits for items I may have overlooked. At the time we were working on getting things fixed and working, my Father was dying of a couple types of cancer and I had to take care of him. Taking him to every appointment and chemo treatment. So I was not on my best game during the past summer and fall and may have been in a rush to post the map, as people wanted it to play.
The new credits will have all the names and whatever anyone may desire to know.
Feel free to use the oil tanker model if you wish in your game mods. I am changing the oil field model on that map anyway. Oil tankers don't park at docks at shore; they are filled out in the ocean and have large hoses to feed the oil cargo to shore storage platforms.
Rodea2007 knows how much I appreciate his help. He has been added into the credits. The model maker wishes to remain anonymous, however this model has been used in many games and a film or two. You can find it and many more at TurboSquid.
Thanks a bunch Rodea... :D
Attachments
Tanker-fill.jpg