Railroads! and showing Firaxis we want to see it thrive.

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
Lowell

Re: Railroads! and showing Firaxis we want to see it thrive.

Post by Lowell » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:34 am

Nice work.
Where did you get the 3D model? Is it a stretched out F7. I have a huge E7 and E8 HO scale collection. Several CB&Q passenger lines. I would like to model a couple roads with that E8 model you have. I have been away for a bit off and on but am ready to get back into modeling for this game. I am getting the big boy and SD40T-2 3D models. Going to try the Nif exporter in Blender and see what happens...if not Rodea 2007 might convert the files for me as he has Max.
Back to the subject, the four maps I have out will have the last updates posted quickly. Mud Skippers is a quick fix it will be posted this week...then the versions of the Holidays in Ohio maps then F/G. I haven't had the chance to finish my Atlantic Coast Line F7, with the purple and white scheme yet. That goes with the Seaboard Coast Line passenger train...the Southern trains get pulled from the Florida map and moved to the Georgia map, as well as getting reworked in areas, those were made for the Georgia map anyway. The Georgia map needs a tad more work and then I need testers for it. The Georgia map is a size 18 map many new industries. M1 tanks get shipped in and out from the Alabama border to the Savanna harbor. Broken tanks get shipped back to the factory for repair; the new and repaired tanks get shipped back to the harbor for export. Most of it has been worked out and it should be complete this month.
As the maps get completed you may download the updated files from the map threads. Then send them in your map group if you wish.
EDIT// one last thing...Florida Gold has some special music added for a couple of the cities. That music is from a professional singing artist, credits are in the xmls and the maps thread...so somewhere in the maps name/description we should say "with special music from Caleb Hawkins" or something like that.
Last edited by Lowell on Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:57 am

The model is from Rodea and is in the file I posted. I can't wait to see the SD40-T2. I love the Southern Pacific. Here is another E9 For the Milwaukee Road. Did the Atlantic Coast Line have E8s or E9s? I have a blank ready. I am having alot of fun painting this model and want some ideas.
Attachments
Milwaukee Road E9 #38A.zip
(666.9 KiB) Downloaded 321 times
Milwaukee E9.png
Thomas
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING US RULES FORUM MODERATORS!
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

http://www.homescda.com/

Modeltrainman

Post by Modeltrainman » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:54 am

[quote="Burlington_Northern_3140"]The model is from Rodea and is in the file I posted. I can't wait to see the SD40-T2. I love the Southern Pacific. Here is another E9 For the Milwaukee Road. Did the Atlantic Coast Line have E8s or E9s? I have a blank ready. I am having alot of fun painting this model and want some ideas.[/quote]
A white one with the Firaxis logo, to match my car, please. What's your blank like? That looks like it'd be fun to try.

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:16 pm

Wouldn't black look better with the Firaxis logo? Here is the blank. The grill extends off the end of the engine and can easily be shortenned. I always black and white the truck texture and the plow may need some work.
Attachments
E unit Blank.zip
The Blank
(698.29 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
Blank Pic
Blank Pic
Firaxis Logo
Firaxis Logo
Thomas
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

dwax

Post by dwax » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:21 am

Burlington_Northern_3140 wrote:The model is from Rodea and is in the file I posted. I can't wait to see the SD40-T2. I love the Southern Pacific. Here is another E9 For the Milwaukee Road. Did the Atlantic Coast Line have E8s or E9s? I have a blank ready. I am having alot of fun painting this model and want some ideas.
Needs to be painted orange. :mrgreen:

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:14 am

Sorry dwax :( I didn't find any orange E9s. Will see if they had orange E8s. Here is the Firaxis E9! Look at the Strobe lite in the roof.
Attachments
Firaxis E9.png
Firaxis E8 #P27.zip
(671.34 KiB) Downloaded 324 times
Thomas

dwax

Post by dwax » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:47 am

Not orange,but pretty nice looking. :)
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 205&nseq=2

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:58 am

That was my referance photo along with a pic of 38A.
Thomas

Modeltrainman

Post by Modeltrainman » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:37 am

B_N : Here's a black Firaxis car. I don't know how to get your engine into Railroads!, or how to put the E8 in, so can you run this behind your loco, and take a screen shot, please?
Attachments
blackfiraxis car.zip
(37.47 KiB) Downloaded 321 times

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:23 am

The engine needs a lot of .XML and .KFM work which I haven't figured out yet. I just have supplied the cordinates for the decals and the painted .diff and decals. Here is the painted New York Central E8.
Attachments
New York Central #4079.zip
(647.26 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
NYC E8.png
Thomas

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:05 pm

What needs worked out on the Nif's and Kfm's? I could adjust the files or dummies for the alignment of the wheels if needed...that's easy.
Molly had some minor surgery Monday, so I have to do everything for her, so I downloaded your file on the last one but haven't had time to read through it and place it on a set of map files yet. I could look at it later this evening.
Maybe you could help me get my Atlantic Coast Line E8 ready? That would speed up the Florida Gold update. Whichever purple and white colors you might use, I can copy and apply to the passenger and mail cars so they match.
If I'm not mistaken, Southern had both a medium and dark green E7 or 8 with bone-white side stripe in its passenger scheme. F7's for sure. I remember they had a dark green F7 for freight without the white stripe. The Southern engines need a re-work for sure. They need their own spec and emsk files made so the colors and metal shininess is correct...I also have found using the spec and emsk files from other engine models, causes a "bleeding" of the colors and settings from the copied model. I found this to be especially true when editing and changing the tenders...old car numbers burned in on the spec and emsk bled through till I made new ones off my edited files. Then it looked perfect. Hence...the holiday engine tender I made for the Ohio holiday maps.
I also am half done with the Ohio Central engines for the Ohio maps. I wish the GP7 would have worked out. That engine file needs edited because of the mirror of the rear end as it is for the front. That has been driving me crazy for months now. I am almost ready to buy/build a new 3D model of an SD7.

EDIT// I wish I could get an end car for the passenger trains like here in my train sim. I had been thinking it would be great to have a "tender car" on the passenger trains, then it could have an obversation car as it's tender. But I can come close with the cars we have.
Attachments
ACL_02thumb.jpg
ACL_01thumb.jpg

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:11 pm

Lowell wrote:What needs worked out on the Nif's and Kfm's? I could adjust the files or dummies for the alignment of the wheels if needed...that's easy.
Molly had some minor surgery Monday, so I have to do everything for her, so I downloaded your file on the last one but haven't had time to read through it and place it on a set of map files yet. I could look at it later this evening.
Maybe you could help me get my Atlantic Coast Line E8 ready? That would speed up the Florida Gold update. Whichever purple and white colors you might use, I can copy and apply to the passenger and mail cars so they match.
If I'm not mistaken, Southern had both a medium and dark green E7 or 8 with bone-white side stripe in its passenger scheme. F7's for sure. I remember they had a dark green F7 for freight without the white stripe. The Southern engines need a re-work for sure. They need their own spec and emsk files made so the colors and metal shininess is correct...I also have found using the spec and emsk files from other engine models, causes a "bleeding" of the colors and settings from the copied model. I found this to be especially true when editing and changing the tenders...old car numbers burned in on the spec and emsk bled through till I made new ones off my edited files. Then it looked perfect. Hence...the holiday engine tender I made for the Ohio holiday maps.
I also am half done with the Ohio Central engines for the Ohio maps. I wish the GP7 would have worked out. That engine file needs edited because of the mirror of the rear end as it is for the front. That has been driving me crazy for months now. I am almost ready to buy/build a new 3D model of an SD7.

EDIT// I wish I could get an end car for the passenger trains like here in my train sim. I had been thinking it would be great to have a "tender car" on the passenger trains, then it could have an obversation car as it's tender. But I can come close with the cars we have.
I knew you would have trouble with the Ohio Central GP7s. :twisted: I will start working on the ACL E8 now. I was thinking that some Burlington and Wabash E8s would be great along with the Bulington Northern E8s or 9s.
Thomas

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:51 am

I have finnished the .diff and the decals for #645.
Attachments
ACL E8.png
ACL #645.zip
(666.23 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
Thomas

Modeltrainman

Post by Modeltrainman » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:44 pm

How are the maps coming?

Modeltrainman

Post by Modeltrainman » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:30 am

Lowell? Jayo? Snoopy55? B_N? Anybody know anything about our project?