Multiplayer skills

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
Lowell

Re: Multiplayer skills

Post by Lowell » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:32 pm

Any xml changes will give the same numbers and results to all players of that changed map. If I say increase the paid amount for a good, you also receive that as well.

I am intrigued to this invisible track you speak of. I have been re-building this game and making new content for this game over a year now...I have not seen this "invisible track" you speak of anywhere before

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:11 am

As I said, it's underground. You cannot see it. So essentially it's "invisible" (ie cannot be seen with naked eye) and definitely such for my purposes. My purpose is to steal goods without them knowing....
To be more precise and technical, it's just a subway, but the POINT of it is to be invisible so the player being stolen from doesn't realize what's happening or defend him or herself.

Follow?
-Bob the Lunatic

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:12 am

Next time I do it, I'll take a screenshot for you.

You might look at my "pretty routing" post under strategy also as it may also possibly have some things you've not seen in your travels.

http://www.hookedgamers.com/forums/view ... =34&t=3065

Also... why would you have seen it? You don't play online I gather and even online it doesn't happen very often. It's very difficult to do and you can waste a lot of time, so it's a risky move. Play online and you'll see many new things I bet.
-Bob the Lunatic

Kroguys

Post by Kroguys » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:02 pm

Bob it's always a pleasure reading your posts. My hat's off to you for trying to help the people to understand. I do answer questions on how to play if someone asks me online. But if someone has a closed mind and all he/she wants to do is call me a cheater, all I have to say to them is 'Learn how to play'.

Anyways, about cheating by changing xml or what ever. I don't think it's possible. Speaking from personal experience. I changed the 2 metropolis cities in the Styx map to villages to make the game more multiplayer friendly. It worked as well as can be for a custom map online. But when I play Styx with someone who has the map, the game would go out of sync right off the bat. Because the maps are not the same between me and the other player. I have also played with a person who flat out was cheating. He did something to his/her game. He/she told me so when I asked about it. This person changes name everytime, but everytime I play him/her, the game will be out of sync right off the bat.

Most of the time, a game might go out of sync because of someone is lagging real bad and when someone leaves the game for what ever reason. But sometime it just might be because someone is really cheating :)
AKA: CrashDummy__1.1

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Hey Crash,

I'm still on a down time but when I come back I look forward to playing you :)

The only "cheating" I've ever really seen that didn't fit the basic issues....most notably the early station plant. Was by that "magichero" guy. Where he was making consistent money very quickly even when no trains were unloading. There was clearly an issue there. I was curious if that is what you saw? If not, please describe what the cheating looked like.

I have also noticed what I would label "Glitching". I have found that this happens sometimes when you move a station as we do to the edge facing destination. The train does NOT move back and forth along the track but rather gets stuck at one of the stations and moves like a short track train would. But since it is covering a great distance it makes even more money than the short track train. That one is not cheating, I've done it by accident, it's just a glitch. I think I've seen it 2 or 3 times. Seen that yet?
-Bob the Lunatic

Kroguys

Post by Kroguys » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:42 pm

Good luck with your down time bob,

I didn't catch MagicHero(name makes me sick) cheating of the times I played him. Probably because I'm not familiar with early station thingy. Never looked for it. But he turned out to be a nasty person. Both a sore loser and a sore winner. He would spam I cheat when I win and call me a loser when he wins(he did get better I give him that). Either way I don't enjoy playing with him anymore.

As for 'The train that never leaves the station'. Yes I have seen it plenty. Usually it occurs at the beginning of the game during the hesitation before the game starts. Lag is the cause I think. The game somehow does not 'see' the track that was put down but still regonizes the station at the other end. Only way to fix it is to delete the entire track and put down new ones. Usually I would suggest restarting the game when something like that happens.

The cheater I spoke of is easy to spot. I've played him a few times. He used different names each time. cixx and cheater are the two names I can recall. Names are usually short and all in lower case letters. Each time the game would be out of sync. He would buy up my stocks faster than its possible. Faster than the passenger route I set up between London and Chelmsford. And the track he put down looks like someone playing the game for the first time. It was a single long track snaking all over connecting multiple cities. It's pretty obvious if you see it.

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:05 pm

I wounder if in multiplayer the difficulty levels are present. If so, the host of a multiplayer map could add an entry for more money, like I did on my single player scenarios. Hiding it between say easy and medium. Unless you used the drop down box to see you might leave it set at what you normally play at and not see it...? Just a thought.
<DifficultyXMLFile>RRT_Difficulty_MP01.xml</DifficultyXMLFile> could be added.

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:42 pm

Lowell,

I think you would notice that as the game doesn't save your last level input. So you always have to click the drop down and thus would notice...

Early station plant is easy to spot, you simply look at all their trains, ONE will stand out and reveal the cheat to you, especially when you notice it's making about 10M/year... or more. Depends on the map.

But I take it you don't understand what's going on with cixx or whatever crash? Have you studied the financials to see what's going on? ie what's the cash flow look like, etc.
Just curious.
-Bob the Lunatic

Kroguys

Post by Kroguys » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:05 pm

Bob is right. Game always start on Investor level. Everytime we play a game, the difficulty has to be reset.

And I'm pretty sure I know what is going on with the cheater. He has obviously changed something on his game. That is why the game is always out of sync. Out of sync games are weird because we each play a different game. What ever I see from my end is not what the other player sees. And their cash will always be in the negative. But buying me out in the first 5 min of the game when I had the best passenger route going is not possible w/o really cheating. Even if the game is out of sync.

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:13 pm

He must have made changes to the game settings inside it's exe.