What failure is that?

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
PaF-Daddy

What failure is that?

Post by PaF-Daddy » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:56 am

Known from the map forum i am updating my Germany Deluxe map. Through 3 xml failures i was forced to code all from the scratch. Yesterday i finished all. No edits since then. i played up to 3-4 games with smr! restarts.
No Problems. Today i woke up. Had a nice breakfast and sure i want to play again.

Now i got CTD´s in the loading screens! Ok i tried 3-4 times and i was very angry but then i took my autosave from yesterday loaded it. And it works. Than i quit to the main menu and started a new game. No CTD´s.
Now that is a strange situation. I dont want to release a map that only can be played if you have to reload a savegame first :(

How strange is that? Thats weird. It is possible that my location of my map (USER MAP FOLDER) is the cause for the ctd´s?
Should i put the map into Custom Assets?

And yes my smr! is newly installed and patched :)

Kindest Regards

PaF Daddy
I love Locos and Eve Online

Creator of a huge germany map in english and in german. Look into the map section!

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:48 am

This mat not solve it, but it has come up to be a problem. make a list of all Goods you are using. copy RRT_Goods.xml GLOBAL into your maps folder. Now go in and delete any Good that is not in your map. Go into your maps Scenario file and tell it to get its Goods from RRT_Goods.xml. It will go into the RRT_Goods.xml you edited if alll goes right. This was found in the latest map uploaded also. I'm not sure what is happening, but the Stand Alone Maps also have to be done this way.

Good luck :D

:twisted:
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....