how to sell industry?

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
Razgo

how to sell industry?

Post by Razgo » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:23 am

After you win an auction to buy an industry I cannot see how to put it back up for auction?

I bought a winery off the AI town and of course they stopped supplying it so now the value drops but i am stuck with it now?

Warll

Post by Warll » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:25 am

There is no way to sell industries. Have you tried supplying it yourself?

Razgo

Post by Razgo » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:33 am

HI, no not yet. when supplying it then the AI would get a % of the take? just trying to figure out how that part works.

Warll

Post by Warll » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:31 am

I don't think your allowed to run your own trains on the AI's track. Rememeber SMR is not RRT4.

Tijer

Post by Tijer » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:45 am

Hello

I think you have things confused, but then I may be. As far as I am aware, You get a bonus by delivering to your own industry. If the AI delivers to that industry he just receives the standard amount listed. You should be advised that the money in the game is in delivering the finished product not in the raw materials. So you must have a location close to the industry that you can deliver the finished product, since the AI will show no shame in pilfering your stash.

But as far as I know the AI will not profit from you feeding raw materials to your industry but he will steal your finished product.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600@2.4GHz
2 GB PC5400 DDR2 Ram
MB nVidia nForce 680i LT SLI
GC GeForce 7300GS 256MB PCI-E
HD 250GB + 500GB
OS Windows XP/SP2/32 bit

Warll

Post by Warll » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:22 am

Note: You do earn some money when the AI feeds your factory.

Tijer

Post by Tijer » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:27 am

I have never noticed that the industry gets money by the AI feeding raw materials just when he delivers the finished goods. Something that I will have to take better notice of.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600@2.4GHz
2 GB PC5400 DDR2 Ram
MB nVidia nForce 680i LT SLI
GC GeForce 7300GS 256MB PCI-E
HD 250GB + 500GB
OS Windows XP/SP2/32 bit

Razgo

Post by Razgo » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:32 am

Hi, yes it is a little confusing. yes i was aware i cannot drive on the AI tracks. I have a winery industry i purchased in an AI town. so they stopped supplying the grapes.
I also have a station in the AI town where i own the winery.

so yes i guess this is what happens.

1. I purchase winery from AI
2. AI stopps sending grapes to winery.
3. I send grapes to winery and 20% goes towards the winery capital.
4. As soon as i procuse the end product the AI will probably come along to try and take the finished product.

if the AI takes the finishes product then I guess the owner would start to loose revenue because the AI deosn;t pay for the finished product.

hmmmm.....

Warll

Post by Warll » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:53 am

the only thing you'll lose out on if the AI collects the end good is the money you would have gotten if you had delivered it.

Razgo

Post by Razgo » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:07 am

right, that makes sense then.

so i would make my money from delivering the raw goods and would help increase the value of the winery which in turn adds toward my overall score.

its a shame the owner of the industry doesn't get cut when the opposition steals the end product.

in my case if i stop supplying the winery with grapes there is no product and therefore the winery goes down in value.

so i will test it out later and see if i can take the finished product as well before the AI does.

Razgo

Post by Razgo » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:53 am

looks like i got some of this wrong. i loaded the game and realized i had not built a station where i purchased the winery. i was looking at the wrong town.

so on closer inspection i noticed the AI was delivering grapes to the winery and i had profit but no yearly revenue.

so i started delivering grapes and my profit took a nose dive for some reason. then i noticed the wine and profits went up and so did yearly revenue as soon as i started picking up the wine.

then it became a race to pick up the most wine.