Anyone Play Online

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
JackRussell

Anyone Play Online

Post by JackRussell » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:44 am

Hey Hey

Just bought game - going home to install - can hardly wait

Are there any other desperadoes that play game online?

In Austtralia and wondering if they do, most Americans? or euros ?

atani

Re: Anyone Play Online

Post by atani » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:05 pm

JackRussell wrote:Hey Hey

Just bought game - going home to install - can hardly wait

Are there any other desperadoes that play game online?

In Austtralia and wondering if they do, most Americans? or euros ?
I check online occasionally but lately haven't had much time to play SMR :(

If you see an Atani online it is likely me.

Mike

CalmDragon

Post by CalmDragon » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:25 pm

most players I've seen online around mid-day on the weekends PST.
I'm about -7 GMT.

vancouverexpress

Post by vancouverexpress » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:20 am

I'm on fairly often, and there are usually other players on. If not, wait a few minutes and one will show up. The online playing community is really good, I've found. A few jerks, like anywhere, but overall fair and friendly.

TheN00b

Post by TheN00b » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:33 pm

i have actully seen more and more people playing online lately. However i do not know weither they know about this forum or not.

anyways, i play mostly online. so im sure you will eventully end up encountering my n00bish play style. hope to see you around.

Westley Roberts

Post by Westley Roberts » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:00 pm

I finally attempted to play online last weekend. I seem to recall The N00b was on the game i was playing.

I am left with a bad taste after playing one game, and not due to TheN00b, but the frenetic playstyle of online play.

From the get-go it was fast and furious, from laying track to setting routes, to managing stock, it just was too fast. And the constant New Train splash screens lagged on my screen for a minute sometimes. That is death if you were working on something. So, i don't think i'll be venturing online again any time soon, i enjoy the planning and calculated routes of the game as opposed to the FPS version that seems to be online play.

Warll

Post by Warll » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:13 pm

If you are having problems with the new train screen just turn it off in options.

TheN00b

Post by TheN00b » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:31 am

Westley Roberts wrote:I finally attempted to play online last weekend. I seem to recall The N00b was on the game i was playing.

I am left with a bad taste after playing one game, and not due to TheN00b, but the frenetic playstyle of online play.

From the get-go it was fast and furious, from laying track to setting routes, to managing stock, it just was too fast. And the constant New Train splash screens lagged on my screen for a minute sometimes. That is death if you were working on something. So, i don't think i'll be venturing online again any time soon, i enjoy the planning and calculated routes of the game as opposed to the FPS version that seems to be online play.
yeah for some reason that perticular game did have a lot of new trains at the beginning. there was like 8 new trains in the first 3 minutes. first game i saw that ever did that. but you are correct about multiplayer, it is very fast paced but the more you play it multiplayer the better it is to get used to it's unforgivable play style.
online play has greatly improved my skills for this game. (and i am still a n00b to it.) so i would encourage you to hop on and play some more online. while people are still playing online. (have noticed that most "tycoon" games don't last very long in the online world.)