Forum Monkey Business

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
atani

Post by atani » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:42 am

Falconer wrote:What version of FF are you using DrFrag? Cause that is indeed quite strange, but you seem to be the only one experiencing the problem. What it looks like is the browser incorrectly interpreting the CSS...
I can confirm the top menu problem with Firefox 2.0.0.3 and the latest AdBlockPlus. I have seen this issue as well since the Wiki image was added and simply disabled ABP on this site.

The way that ABP works is by hooking into the rendering engine and truncating blocks which match the rules. I did a view-source on the ABP version of the site and the top menu is in fact there properly, but ABP is rendering the site incorrectly :(

It is a very annoying bug in ABP/FF.

Mike

Warll

Post by Warll » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:37 pm

I've been having the problem ever since you added the wiki icon.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<title>Hookedgamers.com - start your gaming day here...</title>
<meta name="Keywords" content="Gamers, PC, Sony, Playstation, Reviews, Previews, Xbox, Gamecube, Fansite, Network, Forum, News, Unbiased, Fast, PSP, Gameboy, Advance, Nintendo, DS, FPS, RTS, RPG, Turn Based, Strategy, Tactics, Tactical, Puzzle, Action, Shooter, Adventure, Roleplay, Gaming, Game, Games, Console, Personal Computer, Publisher, Developer">
<meta NAME="Description" CONTENT="HG Gaming Forums - I don't know what game you've been playing, but I'm sure we can talk about it!">
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />
</head>

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
origURL = parent.document.URL
contentURL = origURL.substring(origURL.indexOf('?')+1, origURL.length)
document.write('<frameset rows="22,*" frameborder="0" framespacing="0" border="0"><frame src="http://www.cutlassisle.com/network/network.html" name="empty" scrolling="no" noresize><frame src="' + contentURL + '" name="main" scrolling="auto"></frameset>')
</script>
</html>

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:00 pm

From what I see it happens when someone uses the "[img]" code to display pictures. I'm using Opera and do not have ABP. It appears to be the web address posting of some size that does it. The 'better' way to post any pic is to download it and then upload it as a JPG.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Dr Frag

Post by Dr Frag » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:10 pm

I'm using 1.5.0.11.
I did some poking about and it's a CSS issues like you said. I use ABP but have turned it off for this site. I only use it because so many sites take too long to load waiting for all the ads. This site doesn't seem to have a problem with loading speed so I'll leave it off.

I played around a little with the CSS file but couldn't find suitable values for the positioning that would work for IE & FF, with & without the banner so I wouldn't worry about it.

Sorry to have caused a ruckus.

Slappy Da Clown

Hmmmm

Post by Slappy Da Clown » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:02 pm

OK

I can see the bottom of the stuff over the wiki logo ( you know where logout & in is )

Its like that all the time & I dont know anything about adding images & such.

I have included the View source text file if it helps. I use IE7.
Attachments
forwarder[1].txt
(1.12 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
Slappy Da Clown
Dell Dimension 8400
Disk C: 118 GB Available, 145 GB Total
3GB Memory
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.60GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Series GPU

dwax

Post by dwax » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:15 pm

I don't have any problems,I don't think. :lol: I use FF V 2.0.0.3 and see every thing, except the adds, I have them blocked out have adblock v .5 d3 *nightly 43.
Attachments
index.JPG
index.JPG (91.3 KiB) Viewed 7980 times

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:54 am

To see if you have the problem, go to Trains! and look at the 3rd page of emd_GP38_2W.

dwax

Post by dwax » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:34 am

Yep theres alot mossing.:)

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:16 am

OK dwax, the reason for this, or at least a way to solve it, is when you want to save a screen shot or picture, first convert it to jpg and then save it as an attachment. Saving shots from a server or the internet creates a wider picture, thus messing things up.

Falconer
Site Admin

Post by Falconer » Fri May 04, 2007 6:22 pm

I'm sorry but I cannot replicate this problem. Which makes it impossible to track it down. :(

I'm using 2.0.0.3 myself, every day...
Last edited by Falconer on Fri May 04, 2007 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Falconer
Site Admin

Post by Falconer » Fri May 04, 2007 6:25 pm

Oh and as the third page of that thread in trains, it has nothing to do with the Wiki logo. It has everything to do with some people just don't getting the concept of -attaching- images instead of posting them inside their post. :)

Warll

Post by Warll » Fri May 04, 2007 6:32 pm

It turns out that all it was, was the top part of the side banner blocking the user links. so all that needs to be done is to Adblock the top banner section.

Dr Frag

Post by Dr Frag » Fri May 04, 2007 7:46 pm

Actually Ad blocking IS the problem. If I block the Ads it causes the header image to be lower which covers the user links.