RRs and Vista 64 Bit.

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
augest

RRs and Vista 64 Bit.

Post by augest » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:40 am

I've searched high and low, For any info on this problem. I see it's been talked bout here... But nothing really in depth or so I've found.

I'm running Vista 64 Bit Ultimate, And after a few minute's of game play it will ctd. :(

Any word on a mod or upcoming patch to address this issue?

Falconer
Site Admin

Post by Falconer » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:49 am

Hi augest,

There are no patches in the works as far as we know.

The arrival of Vista is a bit of a problem for gamers. Some new games will only run on DirectX 10, and that is only available for Vista. Yet compatibility with older games is in no way guaranteed. I'm sticking to XP for some time longer and prefer to miss out on the newer stuff. :)

Warll

Post by Warll » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:50 pm

Falconer wrote: The arrival of Vista is a bit of a problem for gamers. Some new games will only run on DirectX 10,
I don't know of any games that need DirectX 10 yet. In fact I don't even know of any games that use DirectX 10!

augest

Post by augest » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Yeah.. :( The only games I've had a problem with so far is, EA games (Which we all know EA can't make a game worth shit.) and Rail Roads.

Sucks, Cause I really enjoyed rail roads! I'd go back to XP, But I just built my new rig, For all the new upcoming games that will be needing DX10 and such. I see no point in going backwards!

I was thinking 2K was really supporting this game... But I see they aren't really doing much so far to date.

I did however love the tender mod! That was the biggest problem I had to with the game. LOL It little thing's like that which will bother me. Sadly the mod I used didn't work with the newest patch.