Done !

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
Lowell

Post by Lowell » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:00 am

Warll...the 8800 card is an Nvidia graphics card with 750mb of ddr2 ram on it. The CPU's we were talking about are the P4's dual core...he has a 2.8 which I also have in anouther machine and the 3ghz dual which I am using. The 2.8 has a 2meg cashe where the 3ghz I am running in this case has 2megs of cashe for each core...that's a lot of threads for processing.

I am going to change my virtual memory settings from system managed to the old winn 2000 setting I used to run with. Initial Size = 2046 MB. And Maximum Size = 4092.
Seeing as the game wants to use virtual memory I will max it out and do some more testing tonight.

Warll

Post by Warll » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:22 am

Um... I was not asking for your specs although you do have a very nice computer. By the way don't forget to add your specs to your sig.

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:19 am

Well it seems that has an effect. No issues on the 255 unit (size 15) map. The 400 size 20 map will play, blips out every now and then. Seems to have trouble with the larger map sizes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT//I didn't want to double post so I will report what I have found on this last post.

I found that if you play the maps in Train Table mode as I have been when testing the larger maps...the train table mode will crash out on just about all maps. If I play the same crash-city maps in campain mode they run flawless...no crashes. I was even able to build the main line all stations and lay a few more miles of track before I made my first save and the game didn't even blink, this was my Florida size 20 map. Before on the same map you had to save after every station or section of track that was laid, even then it would still crash often.

So...don't play the maps in Train Table Mode as that seems to be broken. So I passed this info along to 2K games support.