Can't delete a terminal?

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
RedKnight

Can't delete a terminal?

Post by RedKnight » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:25 pm

Hi folks!

I want to totally reconfigure a town's Terminal by deleting it.

The game won't let me, even if I delete all the track connecting to it, and all trains associated with it.

It's funny because earlier in the game, I kept accidentally deleting this Terminal when finessing some track.

If it matters, this is the Germany scenario, and it's my starting terminal.

Any ideas? I tried the Map Editor, but it doesn't seem to load/edit savegames per se, it must be only for (underlying) maps.

Thanks if you can help! - RK

Kroguys

Post by Kroguys » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:19 pm

Only way I know to delete a terminal is by deleting the track it sits on. Try highlight just the track and delete. The train would have to be rerouted or deleted which you have done already. :)

RedKnight

Post by RedKnight » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:05 am

Right Kro, but it won't let me do that. The last bit of track gives a "doink" sound and won't let me delete it or the terminal.

It is not the only track on the map, of course. Maybe somehow it thinks it is??

dwax

Post by dwax » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:48 am

If you retired or was bought out you can't delete the track or about anything. When you retire if you wan't to keep playing select " keep Playing"

Kroguys

Post by Kroguys » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:18 am

RedKnight wrote:Right Kro, but it won't let me do that. The last bit of track gives a "doink" sound and won't let me delete it or the terminal.

It is not the only track on the map, of course. Maybe somehow it thinks it is??

Try extending the track just a little. And click on the terminal sectoin of the track and delete. If the game really thought that was the last track, then this should fix it.

Mulligan22

Terminal

Post by Mulligan22 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:38 pm

Recently I played a multiplayer game where one player did nothing. After awhile he left the game. The AI took over and did nothing as well. All it had was the orginal terminal and starter track, nothing else. I bought the AI out and was able to connect my track to the former AI track, but I couldn't run a train to that station, it wouldn't show up as a destination when trying to set new route. But I also couldn't add a station there as it would tell me one already existed.

I really hope if there is another patch they fix alot of these issues. Especially the stock issues. It's just crap being bought out when you own all shares in your company and you end up with nothing.

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:15 am

Never seen this, here are possible solutions:

First, if there are double tracks, you must delete outside tracks first.

Second, can't delete track with train on it.

Third,...maybe you cant delete the last piece of track, so build a tiny piece off your station track.....one which will exist when (hypothetically) you delete the station track, try that. I delete starting terminals frequently and never had this problem.

-Bob the Lunatic

Slappy Da Clown

Terminal

Post by Slappy Da Clown » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:52 pm

Hi All

Just some random thoughts from a drunken old clown.

Are you trying to delete the station that the game starts for you ?
If so do you have track & stations in other places already ?

It may be that you cannot delete that station until you have track & stations somewhere else.
Slappy Da Clown
Dell Dimension 8400
Disk C: 118 GB Available, 145 GB Total
3GB Memory
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.60GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Series GPU

darthdroid

Re: Can't delete a terminal?

Post by darthdroid » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:48 am

RedKnight wrote:Hi folks!

I want to totally reconfigure a town's Terminal by deleting it.

The game won't let me, even if I delete all the track connecting to it, and all trains associated with it.

It's funny because earlier in the game, I kept accidentally deleting this Terminal when finessing some track.

If it matters, this is the Germany scenario, and it's my starting terminal.

Any ideas? I tried the Map Editor, but it doesn't seem to load/edit savegames per se, it must be only for (underlying) maps.

Thanks if you can help! - RK
Think I figured out your problem Red, this should solve it:
First, ya, you can definitely delete your last station BUT I just checked and you CANNOT delete your last piece of track. So, just take a little single track off the starting track and lay it (like 2k worth should be fine) then delete the starting track and it and the station should delete. All you should have left is the tiny piece you added... I do this all the time, guess I just took it for granted as I never WANTED to delete the last piece of track as I figured I'd be screwed.

One other piece of advice: I remember having this problem early on and finally figured out the problem at some point: When you DO wanna delete a station or depot or whatever, you don't highlight the station. Instead you highlight the adjacent track and delete that, if it's the only piece attached to that station, the station will delete with it.

But I'm 99% sure that the first paragraph will solve your undeletable terminal problem, let me know if not and I'll plug away some more :)
-Bob the Lunatic