Railroads! Wiki - Add your knowledge!

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
karsten

Re: Railroads! Wiki - Add your knowledge!

Post by karsten » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:03 pm

Excellent work you have done there Warll!
Browsing through those old pages brings back great memories ... :D

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:05 am

We are on the right topic -> Railroads! Wiki - Add your knowledge! <--- its about the wiki and I added my knowledge.
The Quote I made in my previous post is In the Chat Forum where this thread is, 10 down from this one so you did not look to hard for it then.
The TOPIC'S name is -> WIKI
and the link to it ---->>> viewtopic.php?f=31&t=346

Read what it says in my Quote in my previous Post Or read the Post in the link i made, it is quite clear on what it Tells you, about what happened to the WIKI.
Well your link goes to a missing page.
The topic has been deleted. So I don't know where you got that quote from Falconer.

No matter...I was only going to place my "first" ever entry of something I had worked out. :)

No biggie, thanks anyway.

brandon

Post by brandon » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:07 am

He didn't catch the last number when he copied the address. Go here:

http://www.hookedgamers.com/forums/view ... =31&t=3461

And don't give up Lowell, you argued the point, go read it.

vzbob

Post by vzbob » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:07 am

Lowell wrote:
We are on the right topic -> Railroads! Wiki - Add your knowledge! <--- its about the wiki and I added my knowledge.
The Quote I made in my previous post is In the Chat Forum where this thread is, 10 down from this one so you did not look to hard for it then.
and the link to it ---->>> viewtopic.php?f=31&t=346

Read what it says in my Quote in my previous Post Or read the Post in the link i made, it is quite clear on what it Tells you, about what happened to the WIKI.
Well your link goes to a missing page.
The topic has been deleted. So I don't know where you got that quote from Falconer.

No matter...I was only going to place my "first" ever entry of something I had worked out. :)

No biggie, thanks anyway.
Ok so I Missed a number 1 on the link its fixed now so you can read it. But it still shows you didn't look to hard as I wrote the Threads name down as well and told you how many posts down from this one it was..
Vzbob wrote: We are on the right topic -> Railroads! Wiki - Add your knowledge! <--- its about the wiki and I added my knowledge.
and the link to it ---->>> http://www.hookedgamers.com/forums/view ... =31&t=3461

Falconer
Site Admin

Post by Falconer » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:20 pm

The link at the top of the page now links to the new Wiki

Greybriar

Post by Greybriar » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:38 am

Thanks, Falconer.

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:41 am

Falconeer wrote:
The link at the top of the page now links to the new Wiki
In the past we could log on the Wiki and edit it. Being logged-in on this forum gave us access to the Wiki.
Now it seems to be locked.
It would be nice to gain access and move the FAQ pages from the forum to the Wiki.
.....and there is other stuff that could be added to it.
Jancsika

Warll

Post by Warll » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:02 am

I have mentioned it before but I have locked the wiki.

Having stickys works best for the FAG anyway, and the wiki would just be ignored.

The wiki is there for historical purposes and it will be able to stay there forever since we do not have to worry about vandalism.

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:02 am

Warll wrote:I have mentioned it before but I have locked the wiki.

Having stickys works best for the FAG anyway, and the wiki would just be ignored.

The wiki is there for historical purposes and it will be able to stay there forever since we do not have to worry about vandalism.

Hear Hear!
Last edited by darthdroid on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Bob the Lunatic

Recoup

Post by Recoup » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:53 pm

Most of the topics on the Wiki come up as blank now. I wish to access things like how to make custom goods, custom industries, etc, but am unable to do so. Are there other links to these topics on the board or is there a way to fix the Wiki so the articles link?

EDIT: I also find many stickied topics that have links elsewhere are broken and should be preserved somewhere for those of us who don't want to have to start a new one to ask. I like searching old topics myself. :)

Warll

Post by Warll » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:53 am

I don't think those pages ever had content, the wiki wasn't very complete before.

Eric's wiki is much more complete maybe what you are looking for exists there?: http://eric.bkbobby.com/media/index.php?title=Main_Page

vzbob

Post by vzbob » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:36 pm

Warll wrote:I don't think those pages ever had content, the wiki wasn't very complete before.

Eric's wiki is much more complete maybe what you are looking for exists there?: http://eric.bkbobby.com/media/index.php?title=Main_Page
Due to the domain name change the above link to the wiki is now here
--> Sidmeiersrailroads Wiki <-- as War has deleted the Wiki on his site.

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:25 pm

Warll wrote:I don't think those pages ever had content, the wiki wasn't very complete before.

I see the strategy section hasn't changed in the last three years lol.
-Bob the Lunatic

Warll

Post by Warll » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:28 pm

darthdroid wrote:

I see the strategy section hasn't changed in the last three years lol.
I'm not sure what you are refering to. I tried swapping out our wiki for Vzbob's but he couldn't handle the traffic and started redirecting everyone back to smrsimple homepage.

That's why we don't have a wiki anymore, I had not considered that Vzbob would not like the extra traffic. I still have tons of backups for the wiki but I think users would be best served using vzbob's updated wiki.

vzbob

Post by vzbob » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:09 am

darthdroid wrote:I see the strategy section hasn't changed in the last three years lol.
Well that is because people do not play the game as much as they used to 3 years ago and now that the server for multiplayer games has been killed off there has been no one reading that section of the Wiki.
Warll wrote: I'm not sure what you are refering to. I tried swapping out our wiki for Vzbob's but he couldn't handle the traffic and started redirecting everyone back to smrsimple homepage.

That's why we don't have a wiki anymore, I had not considered that Vzbob would not like the extra traffic. I still have tons of backups for the wiki but I think users would be best served using vzbob's updated wiki.
My site can handle all the traffic, it was just that the traffic that was coming from Wars Wiki was not the type of traffic we need on our websites. So i requested that he not use the redirect that he had and just use Links instead.