Railroads! Wiki - Add your knowledge!

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
Falconer
Site Admin

Re: Railroads! Wiki - Add your knowledge!

Post by Falconer » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:11 pm

Images are working now too, all manually re-uploaded *wipes head*.

You may see an occasional image not working but it really shouldn't be more than one or two. In that case, a new image should be uploaded in its stead, it's lost forever.

This means the Wiki is fully functional again. :)

Falconer
Site Admin

Post by Falconer » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:36 pm

We'll be doing some more work on the Wiki's, mostly look&feel related. So if you see some odd stuff happening... :)

Falconer
Site Admin

Post by Falconer » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:22 pm

Also done. Let me know if there is anything that's not working properly. :)

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:53 am

I added a substantial amount to the wiki on topics that were not covered much or at all. However, I'm sure I didn't do headings right or maybe some other stuff, or maybe the format's a mess. I have knowledge of the game not of wiki... So anyone feel free to fix what's needed or tell me what I did wrong and I'll happily fix it.

I could add a lot more on other sections as well but at this point I think I've added enough :)
-Bob the Lunatic

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:41 pm

My understanding is that Falconeer can not repair the Wiki.
But nothing was lost.
The Wiki is available at this new fancy Railroad site:
http://smrsimple.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
Jancsika

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:08 am

What went wrong with our fan site Wiki?

I was writing some items out myself to add. Can we fix the page somehow? I can fix CSS pages and all web page stuff if I could be of help. :)

I have a 500gig art server that has room for storage, but I would have to seperate everything for it to have a public spot.

vzbob

Post by vzbob » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:47 am

Lowell wrote:What went wrong with our fan site Wiki?

I was writing some items out myself to add. Can we fix the page somehow? I can fix CSS pages and all web page stuff if I could be of help. :)

I have a 500gig art server that has room for storage, but I would have to seperate everything for it to have a public spot.
It got Broken and Falconer decided to not repair it.
So now its on 2 other Websites, Bobbys Sid Meiers Railroads Wiki and WarII's to which jancsika posted a link to in the post above yours.

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:05 am

...Gee...I wonder how it got broken. Good thing everything was copied so well just before it's demise huh.

And Wow...it made it to Bobby's...imagine that.

Hmm...just seemed to break itself huh, funny how things just break by themselves like that. :roll:

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:47 am

Lowell wrote:...Gee...I wonder how it got broken. Good thing everything was copied so well just before it's demise huh.

Hmm...just seemed to break itself huh, funny how things just break by themselves like that. :roll:
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

vzbob

Post by vzbob » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:56 am

Lowell wrote:...Gee...I wonder how it got broken. Good thing everything was copied so well just before it's demise huh.

Falconer wrote:
Post subject: Re: Wiki
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:41 am

Wow, didn't think this would cause suck a discussion.

Unfortunately, after hours upon hours of trying, I have been unable to get the Wiki operational. The way that the wiki calls its pages is incompatible with the way Hooked Gamers itself is calling its pages (it's rather complex to explain, but the short of it is that no file is actually located physically where the URL of the file says it is).

Technically, I could move the wiki to a separate domain so that it could operate independently, but looking at the usage statistics over the past 6 months, it doesn't appear that many people are using it at all.

Which means I am closing the Wiki. I am currently downloading the database and files to my local disk. If anyone is interested in the files/database, then let me know. (I may not be able to honor all requests, so do tell me what you intend to do with the files in your request).
It is temperamental Like you and had a stroke, and it was beyond repair Unlike you. (J/K)

Well I guess the change of server broke it as it has before many times, but that is beyond your understanding.

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:01 pm

Well I don't know where you got that quote, it isn't anywhere on this thread for the Whiki.

The last post he made said it was working and a couple posts below that says people had added stuff to it.

Don't you people know you are suposed to "stay" on the same thread for such a subject? How many new threadsa are there for this Whiki nonsence anyway?

I am sorry for accusing you guys for distroying it. My thoughts were you have a copy as it was just before it's demise.

All the Whiki is a page with a header and maybe a table or two. What's the deal?

vzbob

Post by vzbob » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:27 pm

Lowell wrote:Well I don't know where you got that quote, it isn't anywhere on this thread for the Whiki.

The last post he made said it was working and a couple posts below that says people had added stuff to it.

Don't you people know you are suposed to "stay" on the same thread for such a subject? How many new threadsa are there for this Whiki nonsence anyway?

I am sorry for accusing you guys for distroying it. My thoughts were you have a copy as it was just before it's demise.

All the Whiki is a page with a header and maybe a table or two. What's the deal?
We are on the right topic -> Railroads! Wiki - Add your knowledge! <--- its about the wiki and I added my knowledge.
The Quote I made in my previous post is In the Chat Forum where this thread is, 10 down from this one so you did not look to hard for it then.
The TOPIC'S name is -> WIKI
and the link to it ---->>> http://www.hookedgamers.com/forums/view ... =31&t=3461

Read what it says in my Quote in my previous Post Or read the Post in the link i made, it is quite clear on what it Tells you, about what happened to the WIKI.
Last edited by vzbob on Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:44 am

Things are sooo spread out at this forum. You would think anything to do with the Whiki would be on a single thread for something so important. Not burried in some Chat area.

This having to massave search every odd thread on the forum to find out basic info is crazy.

:roll:

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:53 pm

Things are sooo spread out at this forum. You would think anything to do with the Whiki would be on a single thread for something so important. Not burried in some Chat area.

This having to massave search every odd thread on the forum to find out basic info is crazy.
I hate to say this to you, but if you want to have an organized reference site, you have to shake hands with Bobby and look for information at his Wiki. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This site was disorganized from the beginning on. So was the Wiki. Everybody (that includes You and Me) posted willy-nilly, and this is what we got!!!!.
Jancsika

Warll

Re: Railroads! Wiki - 加dd your knowledge!

Post by Warll » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:01 pm

Ok I just completed locking my site's copy of the wiki, head over to the other vastly superior wiki for any new information, mine will stay for any historians. May I also suggest that you guys bury the hatchet and assume best intentions from now on?

Edit: Snoopy pointed out that it is not really his wiki, he just works on it.
Last edited by Warll on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.