Annex Behavior Issues

Talk about all things related to Railroads! here
slider38

Annex Behavior Issues

Post by slider38 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:11 pm

Hi Guys, I hope someone here smarter than me can figure out my problem. I have created several new annexes for a map that I am currently testing. One of them works correctly. It was created from a SMR building. The other new ones, while they function ok as an annex, they will not get out of the way if a second track is layed. Symptomatic of the problem, the one working correctly gets placed on the same side of the track as the industry. The ones that do not work will only show up on the side of the track opposite the industry. I am attaching two annexes. One, the indian-camp_annex.nif works as it should. I have taken the second one, the fort_annex2.nif and stripped it down to look as much like the indian_camp_annex as possible and it still does not work correctly. I have tried swapping the trishapedata line and it still does not work correctly. Heck, I've spent hours on this and I have run out of things to try. I hope someone here has run into this before or spots something that I have missed. This just doesn't make any sense to me. Here is my fort annex with one track:
Fort_annex1.jpg
Fort_annex1.jpg (38.73 KiB) Viewed 9596 times
Add a double track and you get this:
Fort_annex2.jpg
Fort_annex2.jpg (34.43 KiB) Viewed 9596 times
Any suggestions would be appreciated. At this point I'm stumped.
Attachments
Annex_help.7z
(352.84 KiB) Downloaded 546 times

slider38

Re: Annex Behavior Issues

Post by slider38 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:22 am

Sorry that my initial post did not include the files discussed. Sometimes I am in just too big a hurry. I have edited the post and added the nif files discussed above. I hope someone has an idea on how to correct this. Slider

Warll

Post by Warll » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:40 am

Shot in the dark and in full warning I've never done modeling: Could the model somehow be rotated?

So the game is not pushing it to the right because it thinks the station is on the left. You might be able to test this by adding a third track on the left. If the new track pushes the station leftward then it should indicate a rotated model.

slider38

Post by slider38 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:43 pm

You are a genius, and exactly right! I'm not sure that I would have ever figured out why my annex was acting as it was. After some testing I now have my fort annex working correctly and I have no doubt that the other problem annexes will have the same issue. Thank you! Perhaps I will retain some of my sanity after all :D

Warll

Post by Warll » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:25 pm

That is fantastic news, I wasn't confident in the solution at all so I'm surprised it worked.

Looking forward to the map. If you want priority posting to the frontpage just email me at danieru.dressler@gmail.com and I'll be sure to get the map up within short order.